Plantar fasciitis is a common problem, probably the most common skeletal problem seen by Podiatrists with many different approaches to its management. A new study just published compared stretching to strengthening in people with plantar fasciitis and found the strengthening group did better. There is some detail here on the strengthening exercises used, however all it not what it seems with the study as there were questions asked about it here and here. That does not mean that the strengthening exercises should not be done, it just means that we are not totally clear on the evidence.
- The Short Foot Exercise for Flat Feet
- Children’s Shoes
- Heel Fat Pad Atrophy
- The dangers of callus ‘machines’
- The Foot and Fibromyalgia
- They do not get much more inspirational than this
- Working Out in High Heel Shoes
- Strengthening or Stretching for Plantar Fascitis
- Saddle Bone Deformity
- Which Podiatry Conference?