Platelet-rich plasma or PRP is blood plasma that has been enriched with the addition of more platelets. It contains a number of different growth factors that naturally stimulate the healing of bone and soft tissue injuries. They are being more widely used to treat soft tissue injuries in the foot and lower limb, especially in athletes. The use of platelet rich plasma in plantar fasciitis has been shown to be effective in a number of clinical trials. The only controversy that probably exists about its use, is that if plantar fasciitis is treated properly in the first place, why would you need to resort to these types of treatments?
- Can a Plantar Plate Tear Heal on its Own?
- The Uses of Toe Foam
- Can Bunion Correctors Actually Correct Bunions
- The Archies Arch Support Thongs
- The Short Foot Exercise for Flat Feet
- Children’s Shoes
- Heel Fat Pad Atrophy
- The dangers of callus ‘machines’
- The Foot and Fibromyalgia